Friday, January 15, 2016

RETCON RASENGAN

I have had more blogs than I can count.  Until Tumblr, I hadn't found a platform that suited my awful attention span.  Alas, I am now older and have more than a mouse's attention span.  (Note: while I was writing that sentence, I spied one of those super bouncy balls underneath a piece of furniture and ran over to go get it).  The Tumblr will live on, but it's time to have a space where my writing can breathe.

A little about me:

  • I have a master's in philosophy.  I might like to make it a doctorate someday.  When I stepped away, the subjects I found most interesting were the foundations of moral and political obligation, as well as various issues with aesthetic interpretation.  Before that, I really enjoyed mind and metaphysics, but most of the people that (claim to) work on those things are running a thinly-veiled intellectual Ponzi scheme that makes my blood pressure spike.  Anyway, somewhere along the way, I lost myself in comics.

  • I wrote my thesis on philosophy of comics, arguing that we can actually offer a pretty good definition of what comics are.  As with any good thesis, I already think a lot of it is wrong, just not as wrong as all the other guys.
  • I collect hip hop vinyls (when I can afford to).  Don't ask me my favorite album, they are all good.
  • I once met Noam Chomsky, and more than half of our conversation was about how poorly designed his office was.
  • I have played trumpet most of my life and really need to start jamming with some jazz bands in my free time.  My favorite trumpet player is Clifford Brown.
Ok.  Let's do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment